So many wonderful things happening these days as we further accelerate our evolution into the social web. We have a wonderful team in place that's driving much of this change, and now an opportunity for you to come be a part of it.
We're looking for a passionate community manager to join the team. This candidate will most likely focus on our internal EMC|ONE platform - something I'm particularly fond of. EMC|ONE continues to serve as a hub for internal collaboration and transformation. With over 60% adoption across our global workforce, it's at the epicenter of our evolution.
I've shared my take on EMC's corporate culture in the past, so if you're not familiar with us, that may be a good place to start. Otherwise, detailed job description and logistics after the break...
Here's the detailed job description. If you're interested in submitting your credentials, please head over to our Career Search Tool and search for Req ID 51491BR.
Title: Community Manager, EMC Community Network
Requisition ID: 51491BR
EMC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to join EMC’s online community team playing an important role in our EMC|ONE internal community and our new KB.Wiki collaborative knowledgebase. The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills along with specific knowledge and passion for enterprise collaboration and social media. The Community Manager will drive community adoption and participation across existing and emerging internal collaboration platforms. In addition to general administration, the Community Manager will support a number of strategic community initiatives across a broad set of internal stakeholders. We seek an ambitious, organized, out-of-the-box thinker ready to apply their project management abilities in a highly entrepreneurial “enterprise 2.0” role.
· Provide overall community site management and administration; developing and maintaining site standards and best practices’ tracking and seeding relevant conversations; provisioning and deleting communities/wikis; and monitoring community inactivity.
· Act as a liaison by providing necessary training, guidance, and issue resolution to business units.
· Drive internal adoption by evangelizing, recruiting, and guiding new groups where needed.
· Develop and maintain online conversations and blogs, proactively engaging with the community on a regular basis.
· Provide objective ideas and recommendations for necessary technology, program, and process decisions.
· Regularly work with EMC IT to effectively manage downtime information, bug information, upgrade information, etc.
· Regularly work with 3rd party software vendors to report bugs, and support upgrades.
· Develop and manage relationships by regularly reaching out to community teams.
· Define, monitor, and report on relevant success metrics.
· Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and track details in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
· Superior verbal/presentation and written communication skills.
· Capable of diplomacy in project definition, communication, and execution.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, and detail orientation.
· Experience managing collaboration platforms, knowledge of Jive Clearspace and xWiki preferred.
· Ability to demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency and understanding.
· Keen troubleshooting and issue-resolution abilities.
· Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.