I came across a rather interesting report from Universal McCann. The Wave 3 report is the third in a series that dives deep into measurement for trending, usage, sentiment and geo adoption of Social Media. If you're evangelizing Social Media in the enterprise - and making a case for investment - you may want to leverage the data in this report.
Some interesting notes -
- The vast majority of users surveyed are now producing content
- Asian markets are leading the way - creating more content than any other geo
- China has the largest blogging community - with over 42M bloggers
- Video is the big up and comer - up from 31% penetration in 2006 to 83% in 2008
- Bloggers are increasingly posting thoughts on products and brands